Flood Damage Recovery – Commercial Insurance Claims
Flood events cause complex damages to buildings, equipment, machinery, and contents. In addition to the damage caused by water itself, flood waters often carry silt and pollutants, including corrosive chemicals, that can cause both seen and unseen damage. Knowing what to look for in advance is an important part of making sure you get reimbursed for the full extent of your damages, both immediate and long-term.
With years of experience in adjusting commercial flood damage claims, the public adjusters at Globe Midwest Adjusters International have a thorough knowledge of the coverage provisions of the National Flood Insurance Program’s (NFIP) policies. Our adjusters have specialized training and expertise in appraising, preparing and negotiating flood damage insurance claims covered by NFIP policies.
Filing a flood insurance claim for your business’ damage through the National Flood Insurance Program is different than filing other types of property damage claims with your insurance company. With NFIP claims, there are many different steps that need to be taken and strict deadlines that need to be met. For example, the NFIP requires that the Proof of Loss form be completed and filed within 60 days of the flood. When time is of the essence, it is important to have professionals on your side to ensure that you get what you are due from your insurance coverage.
After a flood our public adjusters will:
- help you evaluate and document the extent of the damage;
- take proper steps to mitigate any further damage;
- thoroughly analyze your commercial insurance policy and develop a strategy for maximizing your financial recovery based on its clauses, additions, extensions, and exclusions and how these best apply to your specific loss;
- quantify and detail the full extent of your damages in a format that the insurance company will recognize and respect;
- advocate for you in negotiations with your insurance company;
- educate and advise you regarding your options, communicating with you at every stage of the insurance claim process so you can make informed decisions;
- settle your claim for the maximum amount; and
- free you to focus on recovering and managing your business.
Contact the experts at Globe Midwest Adjusters International to professionally handle your commercial property insurance claim while you manage your business.
Who have we helped?
Here at Globe Midwest Adjusters International we work solely for you, the policyholder, and represent your best interests to the insurance company. We have a long list of satisfied clients who we have helped through their flood damage claims and to make a full recovery.
Based on the claim presentation, we were able to recover from the insurance company and from FEMA sufficient funds to complete our financing package for construction of a new facility at another location that is not flood prone.
Lanny L. Uden, P.E.
Director of Civil Engineering
Board of Public Utilities, Kansas City, Kansas
Our insurance claims experts have helped thousands of business owners across all types of industries. We encourage you to look through our references and testimonials and to contact us for recommendation letters.
Listen to our podcast on “Flood Insurance: Understanding and Recovering From One of Nature’s Worst Disasters” for tips from our experts:
For additional information, visit:
- “Business Insurance Claims Help”
- “Flood Insurance for Businesses – Four Steps to Filing Flood Claims”