Welcome to Globe Midwest Adjusters International
Premier Public Adjusters representing policy holders in Michigan, Illinois, Ohio, Indiana, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Kentucky, Missouri and Iowa since 1924.
As the nation’s premier disaster recovery consulting organization, our core focus is maximizing and expediting our clients’ financial recovery from insurance and FEMA.
We have offices in Southfield and Grand Rapids, Michigan, and Chicago, Illinois. We’re experienced with the types of natural disasters that strike here, the companies that insure here, and how local claims are handled. We have the resources and expertise to thoroughly investigate your loss, accurately prepare, document and submit your claim, and get you a full, fair and expedited settlement.
For 90 years, Globe Midwest Adjusters International has been guiding clients through the unpredictable territory of preparing and settling insurance claims. In 1985 we, along with a group of leading public adjusting firms in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom, foresaw the need for an international network of highly skilled public adjusters who could bring specific expertise to servicing any type of loss, anywhere, at any time. Adjusters International was the result.
The Team Concept
The most effective way to handle a catastrophic claim is to have two processes going on simultaneously:
- The client, with our assistance if desired, should obtain anticipated costs for the actual work desired to be performed.
- If you choose to make repairs “in-house,” we will assist you in understanding the limitations of the insurance policy to assure your complete recovery, otherwise you may not receive payment for your full Replacement Cost Loss.
- Should you elect to utilize an independent contractor, we can assist in assuring that you, and not the contractor, derive the optimum benefit from your claim.
- At the same time;
- GMAI will prepare a Scope of Damage and Cost of Repair in accordance with the terms and conditions of the insurance policy that would include:
- Coordination and continued negotiations with the insurance company’s adjuster and their hired experts on issues such as: Building, Business Interruption, Ordinance or Law Coverage, Landscaping, Debris Removal, Architectural, Engineering, etc.
- Coordinate and control the insurance company’s construction consultants to assure a proper scope of damage is assessed and agreeing on specific “unit” costs, subcontractors and a total claim valuation.
- This will assure a timely and satisfactory settlement. Furthermore, it allows our clients, the insured, to know what a good settlement amount is and be prepared to select the appropriate recovery option prior to the settlement of the claim.